The Best Moments In Reading Are When You Come Across Something- A Thought, A Feeling, A Way At Looking At Things- Which You Had Thought Special And Particular To You. And Now, Here It Is, Set Down By Someone Else, A Person You Have Never Met, Someone Who Is Even Long Dead. And It Is As If A Hand Has Come Out, And Taken Yours.

Alan Bennett

The History Boys

Sunday, January 31, 2016

2016 Pop Sugar Reading Challenge

Hi Guys!
I recently decided to do the 2016 Pop Sugar reading challenge! I wanted to try some new books this year and this challenge seems perfect to go out of your comfort zone. There are some challenges I can’t really do such as read a book based in your home state (I don’t have a home state, because I don’t live in the U.S.). Actually on second thought I could change it to New York because not only does it have many good YA books set in it, but also I’m lazy and I have a TBR book I’m planning to read already set in New York. So there! Another challenge was to read a book you I haven’t read since High School. I am currently in middle school, so that’s probably not happening, book I last read in Middle School? Also, there’s a challenge where you should read a book with a “protagonist that has your occupation”. I also don’t have an occupation except professional book worm, but I decided I’m going to cheat and say writer or journalist, or maybe blogger? I could always read Girl Online… I’ve also noticed that  some of the books I read in 2016 already meet the criteria so I’ll list them. 
  • A book translated to English/a book that takes place on an island: Maresi by Maria Turtschaninoff
  • A book you can finish in a day/ a book set in Europe/ a book translated into English: The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
  • A book with a blue cover/a murder mystery: Murder most Unladylike (which I nearly finished)
  • A book you can finish in a day: Clichés and Platitudes for all Occasions

Damn, I’ve only read 5 books this year and nearly all of them already meet this criteria’s challenge (and some of them more than one). I still don’t understand whether it’s cheating if you read one book that meets more than one criteria. I guess it is? Hm… okay I guess I’ll only keep one label for each then. (BTW after editing the one I’m using is underlined.) This is actually my second book challenge I’m planning on completing this year. My first one is reading 58 books with the Goodreads reading challenge. Anyways I will keep you updated through my Twitter on my Pop Sugar challenge, and you can watch my Goodreads challenge in the form of my widget right on the right side of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment