The Best Moments In Reading Are When You Come Across Something- A Thought, A Feeling, A Way At Looking At Things- Which You Had Thought Special And Particular To You. And Now, Here It Is, Set Down By Someone Else, A Person You Have Never Met, Someone Who Is Even Long Dead. And It Is As If A Hand Has Come Out, And Taken Yours.

Alan Bennett

The History Boys

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday 2# The Glittering Court

Waiting on Wednesday 2#
The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

Since I’ve read Only Ever Yours I read anything that sounds similar or includes girls being raised or transformed as in this case to act higher class. On second thought though I actually might have that from watching My Fair Lady too much last night. Either way, The Glittering Court is supposedly about a woman named Adelaide who wanting to escape an arranged marriage runs away to live in Adoria. However to be able to get there she has to join the glittering court. The glittering court is like this academy that transforms poor girls into upperclass ladies who will be able to get into a good marriage. However the main character and heroine begins falling for Cedric; the son of a very wealthy and powerful person. 

Okay, give me a minute. Is that the plot for Only Ever Yours or what?! I know, I know, I don’t think that Richelle Mead stole this idea because the plot itself was in many books before like The Handmaid’s tale but still the similarities! I mean look: place which gets you ready to marry into a good family which the main heroine attends, falls for the son of a wealthy/powerful person, that son also loves her back… I mean come on! But it’s also kind of the reason why I want to read it. I know I am always going on about Only Ever Yours but it’s seriously the best book I read this year (and it is extremely hard to choose a favorite). 

Except maybe the part where she escapes to Adoria it all sounds super similiar, (actually now that I’m thinking about it escaping to another land because back home the girls are forced to do something they don’t want to sounds super similar with Maresi. Hmm…) Also, the cover looks glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment